Hey folks .James here . Been a lurker for several years now  .Haven't surfaced
for three or four of them !  I've been sitting on the fence " forever "  with
regards to power plant selection for the KR . Like every one else , I've
watched all types of  venders, ideas and trends come , and then go ! About the
mid nineties , Hans Mayer  ( Contact # 45 , RAA rec flyer May 1996 ) was
suggesting the BMW boxer engine with one of his custom belt drives . Heck if I
was going to disagree with Hans(  !!? ) - but it did seem like quite a stretch
. Anyway Hans went on to explain that the KR only needed   18 horses  to
maintain altitude .( whoa ) Can any one explain this ? Did he mean the KR-1 ,
or the original KR-2 - at just over 500 lbs ?  So why the interest in just two
jugs now ? Over the years I've noted that even the most potent  F/F
installations usually don't result in cruise speeds of much more than 130 to
140 knots ! Mark Langford , ( and every one else ) feel free to jump all over
this one ! Now the new R1200S has a claimed 122 hp , and  83 lb-ft with efi
.Two thirds of that hp is plenty , and as for the so-so torque - I can think of
three different  redrives that should fix that ! I do see the potential for
more leeway regarding ducting  , w / b ....maybe this is worth another look ?