From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of JIM VANCE
Sent: Wednesday, June 07, 2006 5:15 PM
To: krnet
Subject: KR> Latex Paint

I wondered about latex paint too when I was about ready to finish my KR.  I
made up a sheet of glass and resin and finished it to the same point as my
wings and fuselage.  I bought the best "gloss" latex and applied it.  It
apparently has some latex (hence the name) and a filler of clay.  No matter
what I did, it ended up gumming up the sandpaper and would roll up a mess
when I tried to buff it.

To make a long story short, spend the extra couple of hundred dollars for
real paint.  It will have a much harder surface with minimal filler--other
than the pigment--and can be buffed to a high gloss.  You won't be sorry
because it will finish up the hundreds of hours you already have invested.

I suggest that you try it yourself.  Then go to the nearest automotive paint
dealership and get the good stuff.

Jim Vance
Claflin, KS
va...@hbcomm.net