Make the stick longer thus requiring more movement of the hand/arm, if
you hold it at the top, to move the elevator and ailerons. Once you get
the feel of the plane, lower your hand on the stick and fly with your
finger tips. On smooth days, I generally only have my thumb and
forefinger on my stick and only move my fingers to move the plane. Once
you find the length you like after some flights you could cut the stick
off to your preference.

Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Wales, WI
Web site: www.flykr2s.com