Mark:

I did wat you did on an older 182 that had the mixture knob right above the
cowl flaps and I got it by mistake but the engine did not stop completely but
it sure got my my attention and an adrenelin going.  The wngine did not stop
andimmediately recovered when i quickly reversed my actions.  I 182 has enough
prop that it would windmill and I never let it go that far.  Many have said
that the KR2 engines do not wind mill, so I guess that explanation is possible.

Don L:ively