D F Lively wrote:

>>When I worked for AeroJet in Sacramento they were winding 2nd stage "Peace
Keeper" motor cases with "Pre-preg Kevlar Filament Roving"   The most
importent reguirement was that it be conditioned in a 20% RH environment
after being prepreged with Resin because moisture levels above that lead to
delaminations in the wound cases..<<

The problem with Kevlar layups absorbing moisture is a Kevlar problem, not
an epoxy problem. That kind of moisture absorbtion has caused delamination
of Kevlar parts on airliners due to freezing, and hence, it's fall from
grace in even non-structural parts in the aviation industry.   Don't even
get me started on Kevlar.  Although it makes a dandy bulletproof vest, it
has virtually no use on aircraft.

I've been using some dark red Aeropoxy hardener for years now, and see no
difference in the new amber stuff.  If you can't get that stuff to harden in
98F degree weather, there's a real problem somewhere.  I lay up glass or CF
using Aeropoxy in the morning, leave it in the high humidity 110 degree
hangar, and fly it and/or sand it later in the afternoon...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, Alabama
see KR2S project N56ML at http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford
email to N56ML "at" hiwaay.net