You have probably thought of this but since the push to talk button is
nothing more than closing a ground in the circuit I would start by
checking to see where it might becoming a common ground through  the
wiring harness. You might ask the controller next time to make sure it is
not identing also. I guess it is possible but I don't see it in my head/
Joe