Come on now. Your looking for ways to screw it up. My weight and balance
is in the pilots hand book as well as a copy with the operating
limitations. If it was sold and modified it would be fully the persons
doing the modification to do a full calculation. I would also never tell
anyone that my CG is some number. It is only a point of conversation to
say where in the recommended range mine falls. For instance mine is 1/4"
forward of the forward range to 2" forward of the rear range.(even that
does not make perfect sense reading it)
        I did use the leading edge for a datum line (made sense to me) I
did not have to write as big numbers having the datum that close to the
assumed CG location.
        BTW- I'm Joe but who is Bill and why is he modifying my plane. I
don't expect to sell it before next April 1st. Happy Friday ;-)
Joe Horton