I'm the lead builder and most active pilot in a club of five rebuilding
N26LT, and I'm wondering if anyone planning to fly a KR-2 to the gathering
will be passing anywhere near northern Indiana /southern Michigan with an
empty right seat (or willing to detour . . .)?  I'm writing directly to the
four pre-registrants whose flight plans might take them this way, but if
anyone else is interested, please let me know.

We're close enough to flying that I think it is time for me to get
transition training.  A big reason for me to come to the gathering is that I
know there will be people there ready to help me learn a bit about how a
KR-2 flies.  How much better if I can fly along for two hours from here to
there?  I'll have gas money, a toothbrush, washcloth and a change of
clothes; my bag and I together will weigh 190 pounds.

I may be able to get someone else from my group to drive if one of us can
ride to Mount Vernon and the other ride back . . .  That would mean we might
have another vehicle going from here that could take luggage, if you were
planning on carrying a load in the seat beside you where we would like to
sit.

We have a KR-2 built in the late 80's, flown 330 hours over six years, then
parked for a dozen years.  We've changed the gear to the Diehl trigear,
built a new seat (for several 6'3" pilots to clear the canopy, we've slung
our bums to within a 1/2" of the belly skin -- all others use pillows?),
mounted radios, transponder and ELT.  I've just finished rebuilding and
mounting a Tillotson Model X carb (to replace the POSA).  Our punchlist is
pretty short, but I can admit now that I won't fly our KR-2 to the
gathering.  I need to install choke and mixture knobs and linkages, both
features the POSA lacked, and remodel the throttle linkage.  I want to try
the oil cooler on top of the engine, this will take a little changing of the
baffle.  That's about it, folks!  I'm already getting that KR grin . . .

Rich H. Meyer
Millersburg, IN 46543
cpt...@npcc.net
574-202-3920