Joe,
I am curious for your sake, did you use Poly-Tak underneath your dacron fabric?
you did not mention that step. Remember, the lack of Poly-Tak is what got Steve
Wittman killed. He laid dacron fabric down on his O&O wings and painted
polybrush ontop of it thinking it would stick the dacron fabric to his wooden
wing, he was using the same Technique he had always used with a Different
companies System that has no under coat. He flew the plane for several years,
then it delaminated on one of the wings, fluttered and tore the wing off of his
plane, killed him and his second wife on their last trip headed to Oshkosh from
Ocalla Fl. The Poly Fiber system requires that you paint Poly Tak on the
airframe first, then lay on the dacron fabric, heat and stretch the fabric like
you did and then paint Poly Brush on next. The Poly Brush activates the Poly
Tak and makes the two stick together. Without Poly Tak you have no adhesive.
The old Volksplanes used to use Dacron fabric to cover their fuselages also.
Now days almost all who build VPs just prime and paint or cover with light
layer of fiberglass and then prime and paint. I am sure several other designs
did the same thing.
Larry H.

HI Netters,

       I was curious what is the best way to wrap a fuseluage in fiberglass?

A 45degree  angle or from side to side or lengthwise?  I noticed Edwaurdo
from

Chile did the inside of his side to side but noe sure about outside.  And
how

many layers of 5.4oz should I use?

David Swanson

bdazzca...@aol.com

To save a little weight I used 1.2 oz. Dacron fabric over the bare wood. I
tacked it around the edges and tightened it up with a close iron. Then I
brushed on some stits pollybrush, about a couple of coats. I applied glass
to the upper rear deck and just primed and painted over it. It holds up
fine.

-Joe