At 05:32 PM 11/2/2006, you wrote:
>To save a little weight I used 1.2 oz. Dacron fabric over the bare wood. I
>tacked it around the edges and tightened it up with a close iron. Then I
>brushed on some stits pollybrush, about a couple of coats. I applied glass
>to the upper rear deck and just primed and painted over it. It holds up
>fine.
>-Joe

I would be very careful when mixing different process on the same
aircraft.  Does the glass overlap the dacron in any area?

If you intend to cover bare wood with anything other then filler and
paint, I'd suggest, as other have, to use the 1.4 oz. "deck cloth" and
resin.  That would only be 0.2 oz heavier per yard then the process
mentioned above. You will carry more weight in your pockets when
you fly than that.  Didn't this whole line of questions start with someone
not using wood at all on the fuselage? :-)

Larry Flesner