Spend the extra money and get the Icom IC-A23.  You will be much
happier.  I have used mine in the KR all over the USA and never have had
any problems.  They have great customer service as well if you do have
any issues.  They are very helpful with phone support as well.

Before I bought my 23 and 23 sport, I asked the guys at will call at the
Calif. Spruce what their experience had been.  I was told the others are
returned quite a bit more often than the Icom.  Just my .02.

Regards,

Steve Glover
Long-EZ N2121U
(Former KR-2 N902G)