At 09:58 PM 1/22/2007, you wrote:

>I saw a pic of a KR2 with a yoke (forgot where) and...  well, it
>just didn't look natural.
>Ken

I saw a KR at Rough River, Ky., in 1990 and you're right, it didn't
look right.  It would complicate the installation of controls and
make it harder to exit / enter.  After 15 minutes flying with a
stick it will be a non-issue.  I wanted to fly with my right hand
on the stick so I mounted the throttle on the left sidewall and
mounted all operating switches on the left side of the panel.
I like it that way.

As for brakes, disk are really the only way to go.  Cable vs. hydraulic?
I can't imagine that cable would be as easy to install as hydraulic
when you consider trying to run cables with pulleys from the rudder
peddles to the wheels with no binding, etc.  You could actuate both
brakes with a single actuator but then what's the point of a steerable-full
swivel tail wheel, which I wouldn't be without.  My Cleveland 500X5
brakes hold my KR with a full throttle run up.

My rudder peddles are mounted to the upper firewall box with the
master cylinders attached to the peddle tubes only (no funny
geometry) , hydraulic disk Clevelands, and a steerable-full swivel
tailwheel.  I wouldn't change a thing.

Decide what setup YOU want and then build to that configuration.

Larry Flesner