From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On
Behalf Of Red 'Unpublished'
Sent: Tuesday, January 23, 2007 11:29 AM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> Yokes -vs- Sticks/ brakes

Not trying to be argumentative...but I was always told that people were
used to a steering wheel in front of them.  The yoke was substituted to
make passengers and some pilots more comfortable.

"Dave Arbogast, CISSP" <k...@arb.net> wrote:  We should remember why
yokes were invented in the first place - the
stick is the "original" design because it was simple ( I.E. less weight
and less parts to fail) and easy to use... the yoke was invented out of
necessity because planes got bigger and the mechanical advantage of the
stick had to be increased for the ailerons. We don't have that problem
so why would be want to carry the extra weight and complexity ?

-dave