Not funny. You could have been seriously hurt. Hope you , the running boars
and asphalt are all OK. Good idea to wait for a while before flying to see
if anything else is hurting.

Jack Cooper

outside with heavy frost and beautiful blue skies. I was excited to be able
to get back in the air. I pulled up to the hangar, parked and exited the
Durango. The next thing I knew was that I was airborne. But that flight
lasted a fraction of a second as I stepped on ice and my feet left the
bonds of Earth. The back of my head hit the running board as my elbow
slammed into the pavement and my hip took the brunt of the fall. I laid
there thinking my elbow was severely damaged as there was increasing pain.
I rolled over and just laid there on the ground for a few seconds. I must
have looked like a huge walrus wallowing on the ice. Anyway, I picked
myself up and tried to shake it off. Eventually, I decided to wait till
this afternoon to actually make a real flight in my plane. My head is ok as
is my hip. My back is sore and my right elbow has a chicken sized egg knot
on it. I can't believe I survived the entire Wisconsin winter weather
without so much as slipping on the snow and ice and then on a day where the
temps are reaching low to mid 40's, I bust my arse. Pretty funny story huh?
I will get that flight in before the days end and report back.