Well it did not happen. I arrived the airport at 8am with temps of 36° outside
with heavy frost and beautiful blue skies. I was excited to be able to get back
in the air. I pulled up to the hangar, parked and exited the Durango. The next
thing I knew was that I was airborne. But that flight lasted a fraction of a
second as I stepped on ice and my feet left the bonds of Earth. The back of my
head hit the running board as my elbow slammed into the pavement and my hip
took the brunt of the fall. I laid there thinking my elbow was severely damaged
as there was increasing pain. I rolled over and just laid there on the ground
for a few seconds. I must have looked like a huge walrus wallowing on the ice.
Anyway, I picked myself up and tried to shake it off. Eventually, I decided to
wait till this afternoon to actually make a real flight in my plane. My head is
ok as is my hip. My back is sore and my right elbow has a chicken sized egg
knot on it. I can't believe I survived the entire Wisconsin winter weather
without so much as slipping on the snow and ice and then on a day where the
temps are reaching low to mid 40's, I bust my arse. Pretty funny story huh? I
will get that flight in before the days end and report back.

Mark Jones (N886MJ)
Wales, WI
Visit my web site: www.flykr2s.com
E-mail: flyk...@wi.rr.com