From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net]On
Behalf Of JIM RALEIGH
Sent: Thursday, March 15, 2007 6:44 PM
To: KRnet
Subject: KR> mounting wing strobes

I haven't posted any thing for a while but I have been busy working on
N211JR getting it ready for FAA inspection. I at first thought that I would
wait till it was flown to install radios, transponder,and strobes; but like
most everything else I have changed my mind.  I installed a Narco 120 Radio
last week and yesterday I received from Wicks a set of strobes. They are the
remote wingtip assemblys each with it's own power supply  that is intended
to be mounted out on the end of the wings.  My problem is how are the power
supplys going to be cooled buried in foam and fiberglass.  Has any one had
experience with this style?  Should I put them in the rear of the fuselage
and run cable to the wings.