The KR-1B uses longer wings but they cannot be used on a two place KR.

  The spar and wing attach fittings would have to be redesigned.

  I've done a lot of thinking about a "Xenos" type clone based on a KR-2S
fuselage.

  It would be a lot of work, like a redesigned wing with glider like spar stubs
that overlap and pin to a spar box in the fuselage and increasing the size
(area) of the vertical stabilizer some.

  A Touring type of motorglider would be easiest to achieve by using a wing
that's in the mid 30's, say 36 feet in span. If you left the horizontal stab
alone, you would also probably need a new airfoil for the wing, one with a
smaller pitching moment. The neat thing though is that once you were done and
it was time to go soaring, you could simply adjust the L/D of your new
motorglider with the throttle and you could have everything from a Duo Discus
to a S 1-23 in performance.

  A wing like the Europa glider wing would mean a redesign of everything, may
as well try and find a Europa kit and go at it, probably be easier, not that my
"Touring Glider" concept would be "easy" to accomplish! lol!

  It certainly wouldn't be a KR anymore though!

  Denny ...

"Dave Arbogast, CISSP" <k...@arb.net> wrote:
  Has anyone made _long_ wings like the glider version of the Europa ?

-dave