Hello Mark,

  thanks for the input ,

  I have posted some pictures of the wing. its kind of hard to see how bad the
distortion is from the pictures but I tried.

  here's the link  http://bobskr.white.prohosting.com/

  the wing already has a thin skin of fiberglass over it so if I do as you
suggest I will have to sand down to the spar, then glue in a new piece of wood
over the spar cap then re-glass the wing skin. ?.  Then will it hurt to make
the new Spar cap a little wider so the old skn will lay over it when re-glasing
?.

  Thanks
  Robert

  bobby burington wrote:

> I have discovered a small problem with one of the wings on this plane
> project I have sort of inherited , the rear spar is about 3/16 shy of what
> is called for in the plans and the airfoil is slightly misshapen because
> of this.

If you are saying that the spar is not tall enough, you need to use T-88 or
some other suitable epoxy to glue some more wood on top of the spars, rather
than use foam to make up the difference to get to the airfoil profile. The
skin's connection to the rest of the plane is done through the spar cap, and
foam cannot support the load (it is structurally "useless").

 Check outnew cars at Yahoo! Autos.