Good on you Brad.
It's better to be sure in your mind through testing than to remain unsure
and go flying.

My 13 year old son says he is not sure he'll go flying in my KR as it is
"held together with glue".   I explained to him about the glue being
stronger than the timber and the value of good gusset joints.  He still
remains unconvinced.  So together we have set up our own "glue vs screw"
test samples.  He would be more comfortable using screws on the KR instead
of glue.  He's only 13 and is free to question what is considered the status
quo.

It will be good for him and me too I think, to see the final stress test
results.

Cheers