Guys,
As I am busy with fuel and electrical systems at the moment, I have a
question on both.
There has been some mention of another type of wire available from marine
supply houses lately and was wondering how silicone insulated wire would
compare to tefzel or the other acceptable insulations. It is definately not
as tough but is definately fire proof (up to what temperature I don't know).
My other question is regarding octane rating of fuel. I know that lead was
removed from fuel for envoromental reasons. The way I understand it the lead
served two purposes of which one was to raise the octane level. Now that the
lead has been removed we are left with a fuel with a lower octane rating. Is
there not another method of raising the octane of the fuel we use ourselves.
We have recently had leaded fuel removed from the market here and the new 95
unleaded fuel is playing havoc with my pickup's motor. I know I am getting
mild detonation and have to be very careful how I drive it. I really don't
want to retard the timing in order to sidestep detonation as the vehicle is
already under powered in my opinion.
Regards
Dene Collett
KR2SRT builder