Oh, and to have been more thorough in looking at both sides, the taildragger
is always trying to run off the runway (in a minor way) as opposed to being
naturally more directionally stable on the ground, but that's never bothered
me (yet).  Another angle is that if the nose gear breaks you will have a
prop strike for sure, but you could also say that taildraggers can have a
prop strike with a smooth landing on a great runway, IF you nose it over too
far, so that one's a wash.  I'm sure there are more considerations that I've
overlooked at the moment, but there are several thousand posts on this in
the archive (see the bottom of every message for the link to the
archives)...

Mark Langford, Huntsville, AL
mail: N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website: www.N56ML.com