These are simply plans on CD.  I've never known a builder to build a plane from
them.  However, I do know lots of builders that have lots of plans sitting on
the shelf from which they will never build a plane.  They just wanted to see a
preview of the plans while deciding what to build.  Buying the CD as a way to
inexpensively preview plans isn't a bad idea, although it would be nice if it
came from the manufacturer rather than a scab leeching on society.  As long as
the CD is not used to build an aircraft, I don't really see the problem.  For
the most part, the stuff on these CDs are typically low quality scans and not
really suitable to use for construction.

Here's another perspective.  I do part time work as an A&P as well as an EAA
Tech Counselor.  I am tempted to buy the CD just to have a set of references
for familiarization before I look at a plane.  I don't see that me owning a CD
with plans that I'll never use for construction to be a problem.  Most sellers
of plans only get up tight if someone is building from an unauthorized set of
plans.

Differing opinions are welcome?

Jeff Scott
Los Alamos, NM

Earn your associate's criminal justice degree and start your career training
today.
http://thirdpartyoffers.juno.com/TGL2141/fc/BLSrjpTKKZvfGWi8K9Q72LLNsdYI4PTDlx2Xr77KkAMxFUk09bZNL8GpGAQ/