> consider purchasing an enclosed trailer for your plane.

A thing that has passed through my mind is that sometimes, particularly now,
an older motor home can be a lot cheaper than an enclosed trailer. I was
looking at some that showed promise. You could gut the interior, build a
back door, and build racks to hold the plane parts. You could sleep in it if
the occasion arose, or you could drive it where it needs to go. It stores in
about the same area. Keep the generator to run power tools. Keep the storage
underneath.

I am looking at one now that would barely be long enough, ~26', but it is
dirt cheap, around $1000. 50k original miles. Was owned by an old man who
used to maintain fleets for ATT. Extremely low hours on the Onan 4.0 KW.
Newish tires. I think it has every option available in 1978. Awing, huge
cargo pod, very heavy duty hitch.

Registration on such an old vehicle shouldn't be much. I have AAA insurance,
and some of my vehicles I sign a statement that I don't travel over 3000
miles/year, and my premium is purdy low for them. GEICO would be even less.

Just a thought...

GeoB