airgu...@comcast.net wrote:

> Would anyone consider a grass (ok, with some pebbles) strip about 2800'.
> Loads of vintage ac, EAA antique chapter on the firld as well as a full up
> restaurant. Couple of miles from the beach (complete with arcades and
> shoportinities).

A clue as to where this is (the airport identifier if there is one) would be
nice.  I think grass would be a good experience for a lot of folks.  A 2800'
grass strip is probably equivatlent to a 3600' paved strip, depending on how
tall the grass is.  Although it would be nice, I'm not sure that inside
hangar storage would be imperative.  After all, we leave them outside for
days at SNF and OSH every year.

I forgot to mention camping in my first message.  Camping on the field would
be very good.  A lot of folks have grown quite fond of it, spoiled by MVN's
camping area with the pond/swimming hole.

Mark Langford, Huntsville, AL
mail: N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website: www.N56ML.com