At 08:51 AM 7/10/2009, you wrote:
>How do
>I add an additional 4 gal of fuel without major structural work? Is the best
>a 4 gal tank behind cockpit?
>Louis Cronje

My advise is to put NOTHING behind the pilot that is not absolutely necessary.
The KR is already prone to be a bit tail heavy when built to plans.  Your KR
may be different by moving the engine forward, etc.  Only a W&B measurement
will tell the story.

My guess on the easiest way to get an additional 4+ gallon would be to place
a 4 or 5 gallon tank in one or both sides of the wing center section outside
of the fuselage.  Use  an electric fuel pump with an on/off switch to transfer
fuel to the header tank where you have an electric or site gauge.  A FUEL
PROOF clear line would let you know if the tank is empty so you don't run
the pump with no fuel.  That might not be a problem with the small electric
pumps but I have no knowledge on that.

Larry Flesner