I bought a partially completed project about a year ago (boat stage with
spars) and finally got my work bench put together. The ID on the fuse is at
about 35" and when I put it on my bench, there is about a 1/2" 'lift' to the
longeron when the fuse is upside down on the bench. I am assuming that is
normal for a 'boat' that is wider than plans, so I am okay with that, but
how or what do I use for a thrust datum line when setting the wings and HS?

I am also seeing a "V" support configuration on the braces between the upper
longerons on a lot of the sites... I am not seeing (or I am missing) this
configuration in the plans. Does this improve the rigidity of the fuse and
make the airframe a little more robust in stress conditions?

Thanks for your help.

Mark W
N952MW