We did the same, but sandwiched in between the screen's, was one of Mom's
Kotex's and we then called it an....Air Filter  :-)

CldLk-Tim

----- Original Message -----
From: <mbz...@comcast.net>
To: <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Saturday, January 30, 2010 1:40 AM
Subject: Re: KR> Latest intake manifold experiment

In my younger days we used to put aluminum window screening sandwiched
between 2 carburetor spacers to help atomize fuel. Theory was that the
screen creates micro vortexes and helps with a more even air/fuel mixture
distribution to all cylinders. We didn't have a dino machine to test this
out, but my guess would be that we gained at least 5hp.
This might be worth looking into for the uneven burn problems.