Paul Smith wrote:

> Hey Mark, I too need to add the antenna to a finished fin. Your thoughts
> on either sticking directly onto the leading edge and glassing or pushing
> a copper rod through the foam inside the fin?

That's basically what I did, shown in the top photo at
http://home.hiwaay.net/~langford/antennas.html , except I didn't put it on
the leading edge because I'd already "achieved perfection" on the leading
edge and wasn't sure the copper tape would conform to the leading edge long
enough for the glass to cure, so I stuck it to the side.  I can now say that
it works fine like it is.  I would think a copper rod would be rather heavy,
but that'd work.

Mark Langford
N56ML "at" hiwaay.net
website at http://www.N56ML.com