From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On Behalf
Of joe.kr2s.buil...@juno.com
Sent: Sunday, February 07, 2010 6:48 PM
To: kr...@mylist.net; corvaircr...@mylist.net
Subject: KR> Bye Bye 100LL

Dan wrote:

>>There is some really good news about a replacement for 100LL, at this
site.
>>The interview by AOPA, was very informative to me.

>>http://swiftenterprises.net/

>>Daniel R. Heath

Hey guys,
I signed up with swift this summer at OSH with the hopes of being part of a
test group. This has not materialized nor does it appear that they are even
close to being able to produce at any kind of quantity. They do send an
email up date about every 6 weeks or so. The last information that they sent
me indicated that they were still trying to get a refinery to try to ramp up
and even then the quantities would be limited. They also talked about the
FAA certification process although I don't remember the details my
impression was that it was better than a year away at the very best. They
also mentioned at that time that the initial costs may be more than the
current costs of 100LL supposedly until they got to full production -- again
i read into that that the cost and availability will not make it very
desirable for a number of years. But, hey I've been wrong before. I may have
the emails saved somewhere.
Joe Horton
Coopersburg, Pa.