All kidding aside. This is a true statement. I've made a good living
teaching tailwheel to guys and it boils down to what you are
comfortable with. The reality is that most tailwheel airplanes aren't
really harder than nose gear planes but are terribly unforgiving of
error and neglect. I can't personally attest for the KR however most
TW equipped airplanes are better behaved with the TW firm to the
ground. Especially high powered short coupled ones light the Pitts.
The biggest issues I see here are your comfort level and the drag
benefit. If you aren't comfortable with a TW no amount of convincing
or training is going to work. However, if you can get over that then
the drag benefit you get using a TW is probably worth it.