Glenn wrote:

I would think that the best way to approach this is to practice slow
light as much as possible, extending the lower speed slowly and
autiously over many flights, and at a very safe altitude; all the while
aining experience with the plane. Does that sound judicious? I always
hought the test phase was about learning how to fly the plane, as much
s learning how the plane flys.
I'll add.  I have not performed test flights on my plane but I think one would
want to get in slow flight during the first flight to see where the onset of an
approach stall is coming on.  You don't know if your airspeed indicator is
correct. So whatever it shows use 1.2 factor as your minimum approach speed.
Just my 2 cents worth, others with this experience might differ.
Steve Phillabaum
KR2Swide, Shorter, Alabama 334-740-0066