From: krnet-boun...@mylist.net [mailto:krnet-boun...@mylist.net] On Behalf
Of Mark Langford
Sent: Friday, December 03, 2010 7:09 AM
To: KRnet
Subject: Re: KR> Stalls

"Joe" wrote:

Anybody have a "in the cockpit" video of a KR2/KR2S in a full stall?

I don't have a video, but I've got one "full power full stall" permanently
fried into my brain.  Left wing drops, plane drops and rolls inverted,
accelerates toward the ground at an incredible rate, everything in the plane

sticks to the top of the canopy and ends up in the tail.  Fortunately I was
at about 5000' when I started.  This was early in my 40 hour test phase, and

I didn't realize the implications of a full power "accelerated" stall.  I
was watching the airspeed indicator, rather than the ball on the turn and
bank indicator, which was a real mistake.  I don't know how many g's I
pulled getting out of that dive, but losing the wings certainly occured to
me in the middle of all that.  That's when I bought the g-meter.

I'm not trying to say that a KR is any more dangerous than any other plane.
I'm only writing this so others that are as inexperienced as I was will take

full-power stalls more seriously than I did.  Why would you even need to
know how and at what speed it stalls at full power?  Consider too steep a
climbout on takeoff and you'll understand.  Now I have a very healthy
respect for that flight regime, and I avoid the possibility at all costs.

I guess that doesn't help you out with a video though....

Mark Langford
ML "at" N56ML.com
website www.n56ml.com