"Make sure you accurately calculate the
C.G.range for safe flight.  It will shift aft considerably during flight."

You are absolutely correct. Add to this the known flight characteristics of
KR's with aft C.G.'s and my self-imposed limit of 2" from the aft C.G. limit
and you end up with a real challenge. I have done preliminary C.G. calculations
and set up a Excel spread sheet to make it a little easier. Since I intend to
be liquid cooled the tendency is to be a little nose heavy and I will locate
the battery to achieve just that. However, I may find that after flight testing
with just me aboard and flying locally that I can only fill the tank 3/4 full
and unless I plan a long cross country with baggage in the aft compartment may
not be able to fill the tank. Your point is noted KR's with large header tanks
are subject to significant C.G. changes that need to be addressed and I will do
that. In fact, during flight test I intend to evaluate just how my particular
airplane performs with a more forward C.G.

Thanks for the input,

Stephen Teate
Composite Cooling Solutions, L.P.
4150 International Plaza, Suite 500