From: I FLY KRs <n92...@cox.net>
To: KRnet <kr...@mylist.net>
Sent: Mon, June 20, 2011 11:57:55 PM
Subject: RE: KR> KR2s plans and manual FROM NVAERO (Long)

Hello Jeff and Netter's,

I guess I should make a few clarifications regarding nV Aero and parts/
plans availability.

It has been no secret that since taking over providing plans and materials
we have had a few setbacks.  Between being flooded twice, another hangar
move to get out of the flood zone, and my knee surgery it has been difficult
to keep up with orders.  In addition, I work a regular job full time running
two companies as well as nV Aero. I didn't really get back to work until
early this year from my knee surgery.  On a personal level given my injuries
and economy, like many I had to short sale my house and lost a large sum of
cash money last year.

Early in the year we had a hiatus in plans availability.  That has been
resolved and now have plans in stock.  I have been out of town much over the
past month or so which is why some plans have not been shipped.  In
reference to lack of availability internationally, we are evaluating our
position with overseas shipping. I will spare the details here. What I can
tell you is we have lost several thousand dollars shipping overseas.  We
also receive orders from people who expect us to ship plans or parts without
payment.  They then wonder why they have not received their orders or that
the orders have been cancelled.  We always attempt contact first.

There are a couple builders on here with legitimate gripes about our
delivery time frame.  I completely understand their frustration and we are
doing everything we can to get their products to them.  The delay was with
the new airfoil wing and tail skins.  Given the above listed setbacks we
had, the production schedule was delayed on tooling and fabrication.  I am
happy to say that parts are in the molds now and we should have all
backorders completed shortly. We retained a composites company to produce
many of our items until we can get caught up and organized at the new
hangar.

Those who know me know I always follow through on what I say I will do.  nV
Aero is no different.  We will always get your products to you.  We
certainly are not getting rich from the company.  In fact most months I came
out of pocket for our operating expenses.  It doesn't bother me for two
reasons.  1) I am dedicated to providing support for the KR series of
aircraft and keeping the design alive. 2) It truly is one of the few
affordable aircraft you can build with the level of performance the KR
offers.

After the short time we have been operating I now see some of the things
Jeanette had to deal with.  I can't say I blame her for much of what has
transpired over the past several years. We have had some great conversations
regarding history of the KR's and experimental aviation in general.  She
really has a great wealth of knowledge and experience with some of the
pioneers in the experimental world.

We have received several inquiries from people wanting specs and dimension
of our products.  I have learned some are wanting to duplicate or "improve"
what we have.  Eric and I have quite a large investment in this venture and
we have no intention of facilitating rip offs.  If some feel that I am not
responsive to their inquiries that we feel may not be of a genuine nature or
who are attempting to fleece the system, too bad.  Those of you who know me
know I have "somewhat" of a temper.  I am working on doing better in this
area but I admit I am no angel.  One person in particular that I most likely
owe an apology to is Jose Fuentes.  I had been dealing with a few things
regarding business and home.  I'll just say our communication did not go
well.  Some information regarding the flood, etc. was posted on the net and
he sent me a very nice email.  Unfortunately I did not reply but publicly
would like to now let him know it was appreciated.

At any rate, we are still here and intend on supplying the KR community with
plans and parts for a long time.  We will not facilitate frauds or play nice
with those who think that we owe them something just because they call.  If
anyone does call, please leave a message.  Don't leave a nasty gram on the
machine after several previous calls if you didn't leave any messages.  That
is a sure way to not receive any help from me.  I do have a real job and
work 10 - 15 hours a day just like many of you.  Our hangar is now 35 miles
away so it is not as easy as it used to be to run out to the hangar quickly.
We are there primarily only on the weekends.

Another thing we are working on is finishing a build out in the hangar for
builder workshops and weekend gatherings.  We had our first visitor not long
after relocating to Chino.  Mike Stirwalt flew up from Gillespie in San
Diego in his KR-1.5.  It was a great visit and we were very appreciative of
his time for stopping by.

I am hoping to make OSH this year and will be flying our KR-1 to the
Gathering with Richard Shirley flying wing.  If I can get it worked out, I
may even try the Airventure Cup Race with the KR-1.  It should be fun to
create a bit of commotion with the speeds this KR-1 is capable of.  Mark you
would have loved this thing!

Regards,

Steve Glover
steve.glo...@nvaero.com