What carburetor are you using.  Some can use only gravity feed.  I have
always used the Facet with the Ellison carburetor and have never had that
problem.  I installed new Facet pumps for my new Ellison EFS-3A that I am
using on my new Roy's Garage Corvair engine and while probably not
necessary, installed a very nice small and light Holly fuel pressure
regulator that I got from CPR Performance Parts here in Columbia, SC.  It
also has a port on it for installing a Fuel Pressure sender, in case you
want to know what your pressure is. I will be posting pics of my new
Firewall, here in  a few days.

PS: I picked the Sensenich prop up from UPS this week, and the Ellison is
scheduled to arrive on Wednesday of next week, and the plan is to run the
Corvair on the Black Bird, the following weekend.

Who knows, I might make the gathering with the Black Bird after all.

See N64KR at http://KRBuilder.org - Then click on the pics
See you at the 2011 - KR Gathering in Mt. Vernon, Il - MVN
There is a time for building and it never seems to end.
Daniel R. Heath - Lexington, SC