Where are all the inspirational flying stories
---------------------

What about the ones that almost stop us from flying again.

This is my Engine Failure on takeoff story. ( Third post luck, I cannot get
them to post to the net)

25th August approx 1730 Daylight saving time. Down under.

Take off RW 23,( sealed-crop duster strip lot of trees and houses) Full
power to about 400 feet about 1 mile from runway, no warning engine stopped
dead. Nowhere to go ahead 160dec turn to right to the only open field, tried
to start twice, tanks, fuel pump etc, nothing, by now low and fast. Trim,
slow down full flap, but running out of intended field. Had to decide to go
over or though the fence, went over, around a tree ( not good) then a
channel I had to STALL over the irrigation channel, I think the left wing
clipped the ground first ( now I was only along for the ride) then flipped
to L wing down, and nose wheel and Left main collapse and ground loop to the
left and stopped.

Someone was looking after me as it did not flip over.

What did 007 say ? shaken and VERY stirred.

Engine stoppage caused by the Electronic ign. wire inside the distributor
rubbed and shorted on the rotor.

Damage- nose wheel and one of three prop blades, Left main, 3 x broken bolts
and damage to underside of inner wing, the nose wheel folded back but sat
under the F/WALL and keep the nose up off the rough ground. What a very
strong little aircraft!!!!!!!

Lessons leant, forget restarting the engine twice and fly the plan, how many
times have we heard that???? Should have done a Mayday call, as if it had of
turned over, I could have been in trouble.

KR2 flying again.

But needs some underside and wingtip paint sometime.

Accident reports and inspections done.

Phil Matheson