On 1/6/2012 11:06 PM, Dave_A wrote:
>   Not having built the
> plane myself, I'm wondering what the consensus is on repair adhesives
> (epoxy vs polyurethane vs (something else))...
I did a lot of research, and discussion on KRNet,. I positively
identified (from the records I DO have on my plane and some material I
was sent ) that my plane was MINE WAS built using DAR330 epoxy resin,
and Dynel cloth. I am repairing it with West System 105 Epoxy and the
appropriate hardener, and KR cloth from Wicks.

    Said paint is cracked&  peeling off all over...

I Suggest you read up on properly painting your KR.there are things you can do
to make it UV resistant, and with all the work your putting into it, its worth
the extra time and effort. I have a paint and body guy from out at the airport
assisting me. Are you a member of your Local EAA chapter? That will be a good
resource.

    huge delamination bubble on the lower surface

West marine has a booklet on fiberglassing with directly addresses this issue,
6 bucks well invested.

http://www.westmarine.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10001&storeId=11151&partNumber=318485&langId=-1

   The crosspiece behind the instrument panel:

DID HE DRILL HOLES IN THE LONGERONS TO INSTALL THAT? IF HE DID YOUR BOAT
STRENGTH LIKELY IS SERIOUSLY COMPROMISED. I WOULD TAKE A LONG HARD LOOK AT
THIS. THE MORE EXPERIENCED BUILDERS REALLY NEED TO ADVISE YOU , AND YOUR LOCAL
EAA TECH COUNSELOR TOO.

--
Glenn Martin,
KR2 N1333A,