i think the issue is that if all your instruments rely on electricity, what
happens if the elect fails? You have no was to tell what your airspeed is,
no way to tell which way North is. I'm suprised they didn't require a
mechanical Altimeter. Even the airlines have a magnetic compass, and steam
alt and airspeed. as extreme backups.
Phill