Steven Bedford wrote:

>>I checked the archives but found nothing on this.  I have a Kr2s with
>>wings set at 3.5 degrees of incidence per the plans with the raf48
>>airfoil.  I have rebuilt the horizontal stabilizer with Mark L.'s airfoil
>>shapes.  I was wondering if anyone had any input on the horizontal
>>incidence angle.  Should I set it at 0 degrees?  Thanks for the info.<<

The "new" tail airfoils are just symmetrical airfoils like the plans call
for (they don't have an up or down influence on the flight path or an
induced moment), so they would go at the same angle as the plans call far.
So as Jeff mentioned, zero degrees  should be correct.  The difference in
the new tail airfoils and the plans is that the news ARE airfoils, whereas
the plans version depicts "something close".  The real airfoils should
provide some extra degree of control, due to their increased lift
coefficient (when deflected).  This doesn't mean that it's anywhere near
worth ripping off a perfectly good stock horizontal stabilizer to replace it
with a new airfoil version.

If it makes anybody feel any better, there's not a huge difference in 3/32"
inch of nose up or down effect.  My horizontal stabilizer is ground
adjustable, and by dropping it 3/32" it shifted my trim about a quarter of
the travel of the actuator, so that's not huge.  There are some details on
the trim tab at http://www.n56ml.com/trimtab/index.html , not that it
matters...

Mark Langford
ML at N56ML.com