In addition to all the points Luis has made, pretty much every car on the
road today has electronic ignition, with far less redundancy than Luis has
outlined, yet ignition failures are quite rare given the number of units in
operation.  Whilst there may be more complexity, the reliability of
electronic systems is in a whole different ball park to mechanical
systems.  Of course the failure modes are different too, and regardless of
which system(s) one chooses it's essential to understand and address how
they might let you down.

TK