> Sent: Wednesday, July 20, 2022 at 9:17 AM
> From: "Jamie Lockhart via KRnet" <krnet@list.krnet.org>
> To: krnet@list.krnet.org
> Cc: "Jamie Lockhart" <jgsl...@icloud.com>
> Subject: Re: KRnet> First landing in a KR
>
> Would an rv-8 taildragger do the trick to practice landing John ?
>
> Sent from my iPhone

Jamie, the RV-8 TD would be an excellent plane to practice in. By comparison, the RV has lighter ailerons than the KR, and a bit heavier elevator, although is very quick in both axis. As such, it will provide you with the feel for flying a quick responding aircraft with a light touch, and will put you into something where you have to think well ahead of the plane to get it slowed down for approaches. Those are key points to flying a KR, so IMHO, any of the RV series will provide you with the feel you are going to need to be comfortable in your KR.

-Jeff Scott
Former KR Builder/owner
Currently flying RV-6, SuperCub, & Marquart Charger and a host of other planes I don't own.