Thanks Gary for saying that about Aft CG. I wanted to offer the same
comment more or less, but I decided to keep my mouth shut in trying to
avoid annoying anyone who might not wish to hear anything from a rookie
pilot in this otherwise highly experienced KR crowd....

Obviously, the risk perception or confidence in safety of flying any
experimental aircrafts (include KR2 of course) is entirely depending on the
experiences and accumulated hours in the sky from each individual. My
feelings of risk to fly a KR2 (or even sitting in on the right seat) can be
an order of magnitude higher as compared to someone who already mastered
this little bird in the sky for decades! So, it's a bit unfair to bashing
anyone's thoughts about safety at the rookie level with the extensive
experiences of someone already flew the KR for over 100s of hours, if not
1000s!

I brought the idea of a possible adjustable CG design simply because I
would much prefer to trade the loss of useful weight with enhanced
confidence in safety.... Of course, if we work a bit harder on the design,
we can surely to figure out a design option that will avoid adding any
extra weight on the bird. One such design for example, could be to mount
the battery in an easy & flexible mechanism that allows it to move
forward/aft easily. Another design may be to use high speed pump to balance
the fuel location/distribution rapidly whenever there is a Aft CG crisis ...

Cheers,

Dr. Hsu