John Gotschall wrote:

>>So it helped with detonation, and cleans things.
Power improvement was more the side effect of less detonation and being able to operate where detonation had been a problem? I mean it wasn't a power increase like raising the boost on a turbo charger system? When switched on does rpm rise or drop?  Or does it depend on water/air mix?<<
I didn't notice a power increase the either car or airplane.  Of course in a Karmann Ghia with gobs of power, there's so much power it would be hard to notice.....you're just enjoying the moment!  You couldn't keep it floored for long, unless you wanted to double the speed limit in most of the country. In the plane there was a slight reduction in RPM, throttle remaining right where it was.  I don't claim to have had the water/fuel ratio perfect, or even close, or even know what it should be.  Maybe excess water, considering it was coming through the primer ports (although they do have a pretty fine orifice in them).  Just my experience.  It did what I wanted it to do, and that's all I asked of it.....

Mark Langford
m...@n56ml.com
http://www.n56ml.com
Huntsville, AL