Hi all,
Thanks for the response, I have the air trac 500-5 6 ply and weight 4.4 pound.
I operate the PH-TDB lot of time at 1250 LBS. I have good experiance with it.
If I read all your coments on the KR-net I keep with this tire. My idee was to
“pay some dollars more” and buy a lighter tire. A easy weightchanger in my
idea, but all your comments realised me that is was a bad idea or there is no
lighter tire that is safe.
Great to argue sometimes your Ideas with the KR-net some times you idea is bad,
sometimes it is good. But always needs to be safe.

Thanks you all.

Stef

> Op 22-07-2023 09:20 schreef MS <propbala...@att.net>:
>

> The Aero Classic look like some very good tires.  I'm not sure they'll fit
> within my fairings without rubbing.  They look bigger than they are I
> suppose.  I've had great luck with Chen Shins over the years.  I've also had
> some really terrible tires with different labels.
>

> Since you mention Aircraft Spruce, now is a good time to put out a warning
> for some aircraft tires they sell called "TON KEEP" tires.  I not only had a
> blow-out with them but they were worn out after only a few landings.  They
> appeared to be made out of plastic instead of rubber.  Really!  I sent AS a
> letter at the time telling them they shouldn't be selling such tires to their
> customers.  I even called them and talked to a buyer.  It apparently fell on
> deaf ears.  A couple years later Sparky bought new tires for his KR and when
> he told me they were TON KEEP's I reminded him of my experience.  I was also
> amazed to find out AS was still selling them.
>

> Re flat tires . . . I have to be really careful in putting the two halves of
> the Rosenhan wheels back together without pinching the tube.  I use tire talc
> of course.   Not letting the pressure get low is another help in preventing
> the stem from getting cut from the stress of  the tubes shifting when
> landing.
>

> Mike
> KSEE
>

> --

Steph and his dad are building the KR-2S see
http://www.masttotaalconcept.nl/kr2 <http://www.masttotaalconcept.nl/kr2>