Hi Joe,
Those little demons are nasty little guys. On my first KR N886MJ, while I
was at 1,000 feet and 13 miles from the airport, the ground wire on my
pumps broke. Immediately I had no fuel pressure. Of course I did not find
the problem until I was back on the ground. What I did was open the
throttle all the way. I had no gravity feed of any kind. The engine kept
running at a max rpm of 1600. I could not climb but was able to maintain
altitude. Fortunately there was an interstate under me all the way back to
the airport if needed. That was one of the most tense times flying 886MJ.
Made it back to the airport safely. So, this tells me that the Corvair
engine and the Ellison throttle body will suck enough fuel on their own to
keep the engine running. You may not be as lucky as I was!!!

Mark Jones (N771MJ)
Oldsmar, FL

flyk...@gmail.com
www.flykr2s.com