What kind of isolation are you talking about? Network isolation? Do you
need network encapsulation? Resource (noisy neighbor) isolation? Is nothing
shared between the groups? e.g. volumes etc.? Do pods within groups need to
be broken up into namespaces? or can namespaces be the way you define
groups?

Ian

On Wed, Sep 28, 2016 at 10:59 AM Mike <mikesam...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am new to Kubernetes and I have a question regarding the possibility of
> sharing the control plane of a single Kubernetes cluster among a whole
> bunch of workers that are
>
>    - grouped into 100% isolated groups
>    - each workers group does not need to access any pod in any other
>    group and actually a zero access is a must
>    - groups are often in isolated cloud accounts so access to the control
>    plane must be through publicly IPs which translates to control plane
>    machines in the same region of the same provider in a different cloud
>    account.
>
> Please note that this is NOT like the new federation features where we
> have multiple separate Kubernetes clusters. This is more like the amazon
> ECS where isolated workers of customer talk to a single control plane
> running on aws backend services.
>
>    - Is this possible today?
>    - If not, what is missing?
>    - Can worker isolation be guaranteed with today's design?

  • [kubernetes... Mike
    • Re: [k... 'Ian Lewis' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re... Mike
        • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
          • ... Mike
            • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... 'Daniel Smith' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
              • ... Mike
                • ... 'David Oppenheimer' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
                • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A