It seems that we're on a path to end up with separate sets of SIGs to cover
use cases/deployment environments, vs. technologies. I'm not sure whether
that's a good or bad thing.

On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Reza Mohammadi <remohamm...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> We're also interested to participate. We've created a "Bare-Metal CoreOS
> Cluster Manager" which boots CoreOS on machines through PXE, and we're
> using it to provision new machines and add them to our kubernetes clusters:
>
> https://github.com/cafebazaar/blacksmith
> https://github.com/cafebazaar/blacksmith-kubernetes
>
> Bests,
> Reza
>
> On Friday, October 7, 2016 at 7:26:36 PM UTC+3:30, Joseph Jacks wrote:
>>
>> *Hi All,*
>>

>> At Apprenda, we have many large clients, OSS efforts and product
>> initiatives underway to improve the operational experience of running
>> Kubernetes on bare metal. I thought it would make sense and be useful to
>> create and start leading a SIG for this area specifically as we are
>> extremely interested in contributing our ideas, code and best practices
>> with the community to improve the usability, documentation, implementation
>> approaches and standards around designing, deploying and operating
>> Kubernetes clusters on metal -- specifically in physical private data
>> center environments.
>>

>> I see a fair bit of intersection with Cluster-Lifecycle and Cluster-Ops
>> SIGs, but given the complexities and specific challenges here, it jumped
>> out to propose this.
>>

>> A few questions:
>>
>>    - How can we outline objectives of the SIG?
>>    - Use case definitions
>>       - Outline problem areas and challenges with existing upstream UX
>>       - Major differences in deploying and running on-prem/bare metal
>>       vs. on public cloud compute VMs/instances
>>       - ...
>>
>>       - 2. Who is interested in collaborating here? (I know CoreOS
>>    <https://coreos.com/kubernetes/docs/latest/kubernetes-on-baremetal.html>
>>    has some exciting projects in this area)
>>
>>    - 3. Anything I am missing?
>>

>> Best,
>>
>> JJ.
>>

>> --
> msgid/kubernetes-dev/2b4f496e-a802-48b9-8bfc-ed9ae12af58f%
> 40googlegroups.com
> <https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/2b4f496e-a802-48b9-8bfc-ed9ae12af58f%40googlegroups.com?utm_medium=email&utm_source=footer>
> .

  • [kubernetes... Joseph Jacks
    • Re: [k... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
    • [kuber... Justin Garrison
    • [kuber... Connor Doyle
    • [kuber... 'David Oppenheimer' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • [k... Tim St. Clair
        • ... Ihor Dvoretskyi
        • ... Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala
          • ... Joseph Jacks
            • ... Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala
              • ... 'Sarah Novotny' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
                • ... Joseph Jacks
              • ... Joseph Jacks
                • ... Dalton Hubble
                • ... Joseph Jacks