Tim,

Following this logic, in Kubernetes Community only SIG-Networking,
SIG-Storage, SIG-Scale and SIG-Scheduling should exist, but we know that
the number of the current SIG's is much bigger.

I would suggest placing SIG-Bare Metal aka SIG-On-prem in the single line
with SIG-AWS, SIG-Azure and SIG-OpenStack - these SIG's are not managing
directly the most crucial parts of Kubernetes, but their role is incredibly
important in the specific areas that they cover.

On Mon, Oct 10, 2016 at 5:56 PM Tim St. Clair <timoth...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Right now this is quite confusing for folks (sig-sprawl), and at some
> point we need a rationalization of the SIGs to ensure that there is
> enough lead coverage, and to ensure that SIGs have the ability to
> execute against a well established charter.
>
> What is ambiguous, is there are already several sigs that cross over this
> topic:
>
> - Networking
> - Storage
> - Scale
> - Scheduling
> etc.
>
> So where exactly would the responsibilities lie, such that we can
> ensure timely execution, and decrease overlap?
>
> -Tim
>

> On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 2:07 PM, 'David Oppenheimer' via Kubernetes
> developer/contributor discussion <kubernetes-...@googlegroups.com>
> wrote:
> > It seems that we're on a path to end up with separate sets of SIGs to
> cover
> > use cases/deployment environments, vs. technologies. I'm not sure whether
> > that's a good or bad thing.
> >

> > On Fri, Oct 7, 2016 at 11:57 AM, Reza Mohammadi <remohamm...@gmail.com>
> > wrote:
> >>
> >> We're also interested to participate. We've created a "Bare-Metal CoreOS
> >> Cluster Manager" which boots CoreOS on machines through PXE, and we're
> using
> >> it to provision new machines and add them to our kubernetes clusters:
> >>
> >> https://github.com/cafebazaar/blacksmith
> >> https://github.com/cafebazaar/blacksmith-kubernetes
> >>
> >> Bests,
> >> Reza

> practices with
> center

> jumped out

> >> --
> >>
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/2b4f496e-a802-48b9-8bfc-ed9ae12af58f%40googlegroups.com
> .

> > --
> >
> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/CAOU1bzeDZfs-VUCgoXLzt%3DmkxmmdhK3_u_yprfctYh3aW-Vh0A%40mail.gmail.com
> .

> Cheers,
> Timothy St. Clair
>
> “Do all the good you can. By all the means you can. In all the ways
> you can. In all the places you can. At all the times you can. To all
> the people you can. As long as ever you can.”

> https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/kubernetes-dev/CALM%2Bqp9Wdsowp5keRcY4Ok_JWwgDUnBxbMFM-ffVa6Z2ke0i8g%40mail.gmail.com
> .

  • [kubernetes... Joseph Jacks
    • Re: [k... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
    • [kuber... Justin Garrison
    • [kuber... Connor Doyle
    • [kuber... 'David Oppenheimer' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • [k... Tim St. Clair
        • ... Ihor Dvoretskyi
        • ... Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala
          • ... Joseph Jacks
            • ... Tomasz 'Zen' Napierala
              • ... 'Sarah Novotny' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
                • ... Joseph Jacks
              • ... Joseph Jacks
                • ... Dalton Hubble
                • ... Joseph Jacks