I get this error now:

$ kubectl apply -f kuber-agent.yml
error: error validating "kuber-agent.yml": error validating data: found
invalid field path for v1.Volume; if you choose to ignore these errors,
turn validation off with --validate=false

apiVersion: apps/v1beta1
kind: Deployment
metadata:
  name: agent-kuber
spec:
  replicas: 1
  template:
    metadata:
      labels:
        run: agentc
    spec:
      containers:
      - name: agentk
        image: library/app-agentk:v1
        env:
        - name: VOLUMEDIR
          value: /agentsvolume
        volumeMounts:
        - name: config
          mountPath: /c/Users/abc/config
      volumes:
       - name: config
         hostPath:
         path: agentsvolume

On Wed, Sep 20, 2017 at 2:24 PM, Shashank Dutt Jha <shashank...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> [...]
>       - name: agentk
>         image: library/app-agentk:v1
>         env:
>         - name: VOLUMEDIR
>           value: agentsvolume
>         volumeMounts:
>         - name: config
>           mountPath: /agentsvolume
>   volumes:
>   - name: config
>     hostPath:
>      path:/c/Users/abc/config
>

> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 9:54 PM, 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user
> discussion and Q&A <kubernetes-users@googlegroups.com> wrote:
>
>> Your volume config is not valid.  What you need depends on whether you
>> want your volume to literally map `/c/Users/abcd/config` (which you
>> manage out of band, kubernetes won't touch) into your container or
>> whether you want just "an empty directory".
>>
>> The literal equivalent would be more like:
>>
>> ```
>> apiVersion: apps/v1beta1
>> kind: Deployment
>> metadata:
>>   name: agent-kuber
>> spec:
>>   replicas: 1 # optional, defaults to 1
>>   template:
>>     metadata:
>>       labels:
>>         run: agentc
>>     spec:
>>       containers:
>>       - name: app-agent
>>         image: app-agent
>>         env:
>>         - name: VOLUMEDIR
>>           value: agentsvolume
>>         volumeMounts:
>>         - name: config
>>           mountPath: /agentsvolume
>>   volumes:
>>   - name: config
>>     hostPath:
>>       path: /c/Users/abcd/config
>> ```
>>
>> On Tue, Sep 19, 2017 at 9:06 AM, paperless <shashank...@gmail.com> wrote:
>> > This is not production. This is just local image. Trying to learn
>> basics.
>> >
>> > This is my kubernetes config file
>> >
>> > apiVersion: apps/v1beta1
>> > kind: Deployment
>> > metadata:
>> >   name: agent-kuber
>> > spec:
>> >   replicas: 1
>> >   template:
>> >     metadata:
>> >       labels:
>> >         run: agentc
>> >     spec:
>> >       containers:
>> >       - name: agentk
>> >         image: agentc
>> >         env:
>> > - name: VOLUMEDIR
>> >           value: "agentsvolume"
>> >         volumeMounts:
>> >         - name: /agentsvolume
>> >           mountPath: /c/Users/abcd/config:/agentsvolume
>> >   volumes:
>> >   - name: agentsvolume
>> >     emptyDir: {}
>> >
>> > Is the deployment configuration now equivalent?

  • [kubernetes-users]... paperless
    • Re: [kubernet... Rodrigo Campos
      • Re: [kube... paperless
        • Re: [... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
          • R... Shashank Dutt Jha
          • R... Shashank Dutt Jha
            • ... Shashank Dutt Jha
              • ... Shashank Dutt Jha
                • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
                • ... Shashank Dutt Jha
                • ... Shashank Dutt Jha
                • ... Rodrigo Campos