Was speaking to our admin here, and he offered that running a health check container inside the same pod might work. Anyone agree that that would be a good (or even preferred) approach?

Thanks,

DR

On 2017-10-27 11:41 am, David Rosenstrauch wrote:
I have a pod which runs a single container.  The pod is being run
under a ReplicaSet (which starts a new pod to replace a pod that's
terminated).

What I'm seeing is that when the container within that pod terminates,
instead of the pod terminating too, the pod stays alive, and just
restarts the container in it.  However I'm thinking that what would
make more sense would be for the entire pod to terminate in this
situation, and then another would automatically start to replace it.

Does this seem sensible?  If so, how would one accomplish this with
k8s?  Changing the restart policy setting doesn't seem to be an
option.  The restart policy (e.g. Restart=Always) seems to apply only
to whether to restart a pod; the decision about whether to restart a
container in a pod doesn't seem to be configurable.  (At least not
that I could see.)

Would appreciate any guidance anyone could offer here.

Thanks,

DR

  • [kubernetes-users]... David Rosenstrauch
    • Re: [kubernet... David Rosenstrauch
      • Re: [kube... Rodrigo Campos
        • Re: [... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
          • R... David Rosenstrauch
            • ... Rodrigo Campos
            • ... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
            • ... Rodrigo Campos
        • Re: [... David Rosenstrauch
          • R... 'Tim Hockin' via Kubernetes user discussion and Q&A
      • Re: [kube... Rodrigo Campos